I would like to take this opportunity to step out of the norm and just give a description of my skill set that has shown to be effective during my work experience. This will need to be reviewed by the very top management of an organization for it to hit home. In this ever increasing global market companies are constantly trying to perfect their techniques in most all areas of the corporation. In most cases "Sales departments" have driven the product designs in such a way that we are usually playing catch up to be in the market while we are at the top of the pricing curve. This is where I really stand out. Since I have great hands-on experience with manufacturing I usually get involved at the beginning and am asked this basic question? "Can we make it and can we do it in a timely fashion?" My ability to work with all departments and have their trust, with my gained talents, allows me to review the project from facility, design for manufacturing, piece part issues, as well as capital tooling tasks. To succeed we must be able to follow the project in all facets of the kickoff through release to manufacturing. I have always been the person who owners have come to when these questions were asked and ultimately given the task of making it happen. Very few people that I know have the total ability to take on this task. Yes there are experts that I use in many departments that are truly more efficient in the field but I am the one who put the total package together. I have opened up foreign plants, worked with many automation companies on multi-million dollar projects, performed DOE, SMED, LEAN tasks that have yielded great results in bring the project to a level where it is producing to the bottom line of the company. I have not only succeeded with new products but have great success stories on redesigning products that are not living up to expectations. Manufacturing is not the only area that I dwell on. Areas that are directly related are technical sales, services, plant startup, customer services, multi shift efficiencies, PM and ISO issues. Since I truly believe in the previously described tools I utilize them daily no matter what the "new key name" they might fall under currently. If we can get our product or service out the customer first or close to first we can reap the rewards associated with this timing. Competing with current competitors is a welcome challenge. Please also note my success stories do not always or mostly include me. The ability to get the most out of a team or total organization has been a key.
Comprehensive experience in union and non-union manufacturing, sales, and operation environments. Strong background in marketing, sales and service organizations, providing quality leadership in new product development, plant operations, post-sale services, and marketing. Proven reputation for moving product from concept to marketplace within budget and critical timelines. Highly skilled in leading large-scale projects, including plant startup operations in Taiwan and China. Talented change agent, providing leadership and vision in turning around and restructuring under-performing products and departments. Customer-driven, with hands-on experience managing international, multi-plant manufacturing facilities in Mexico, Germany, and Taiwan, as well as throughout the US and Canada. Track record of improving efficiency by incorporating state-of-the-art technologies to improve processes, reduce cycle times, increase factory throughput, reduce overhead costs, optimize inventory levels, and implement preventive systems.
ONGOING EXPERIENCES / ACHIEVEMENTS:
ACCESS LINK INC, Rockford IL. 1999-Current
Director of this consulting company selling and supporting a wide array of technical products such as industrial lasers, insert molding, precious metal stamping, secondary operations, medical automation equipment, inspection systems, and vibratory feeding systems. Contracted services include ISO tasks as well as review of product design for automation.
· Successfully managed the full project life cycle including sales, project planning, R&D, design, testing, delivery, and post-sales support for a $12 million automation project for a major automotive company.
· Sourced and secured product inventories from manufacturers in Germany, Japan, Taiwan, and China.
· Imported sourced tools and equipment, added controls, and shipped to customers throughout North America.
· Negotiated licensing of registered technologies to larger competitors.
· Created and established comprehensive marketing, sales, and distribution programs.
· Designed and sold high tech automation to the Medical, Automotive, and Electronic industries to meet ISO, QS, and PPM requirements.
Below you will find a typical list of our consulting/contracting services.
BELVEDERE USA LLC, Belvidere IL.
A consumer product manufacturer based in North America that designs and manufactures a variety of high quality products in a 125,000 sq. ft. state-of-the art manufacturing facility.
As Director of Q/A & Post Sales Services including day to day operations, I was in charge of quality improvement, product development, and change management to drive quality initiatives and meet/exceed customer quality expectations. Managed a team of 5 direct reports as well as 24 indirect reports at 8 showroom locations throughout the US and Canada, with responsibility for a $3.5 million annual budget. Reported directly to the COO regarding new product development and operations at the company's facilities in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
· Spearheaded the implementation of a Corrective Action Request (CAR) program for all manufacturing levels, allowing for employee ownership in detecting and reporting quality issues, while adding defect traceability.
· Turned around a troubled product by troubleshooting and redesigning a pedicure system, isolating and correcting root cause defects; reduced post-sale service costs by $36,000 monthly or 90%; worked closely with cross-functional teams throughout the process.
· Led the redesign of three major product lines to incorporate new technologies and reinforce the company's position as an industry leader.
· Reduced post sales service calls through online documentation and hands on training techniques.
DAIMLER CHRYSLER, Belvidere IL.
Contracted as Body Shop Supervisor to manage the retool and start up the 625,000 sq. ft. pre-paint assembly plant portion of Daimler's 3.7 million sq. ft. state-of-the-art Flex Plant manufacturing facility, producing the Dodge Caliber, Jeep Compass, and Jeep Patriot.
· Managed a team of 45 employees in this unionized environment.
· Completed plants revamp and start up within 13 months.
· Played a key role in bringing together numerous internal and external resources to successfully execute the 3-car launch, at a throughput level of 44 seconds per car.
· Established production and performance benchmarks in this first-of-its kind facility; detected and resolved issues such as calibrating spare parts inventories.
· Worked with multiple vendors to ensure sustainable parts and supply inventory levels.
Brief Company Descriptions:
Jerhen / Warren Industries, Rockford IL.
Control Micro Systems, Winter Park, FL.
FTI Automation Group, Loves Park, IL.
Wes-Tec Automation, Buffalo Grove IL.
Abbott Labs, (many locations)
Lasag Laser, Elk Grove IL.
Nelson Industries, Peoria IL.
Automatic Feeder, Schaumburg IL.
Grayhill Inc., LaGrange IL., Fox River Grove IL., Carpentersville IL., Taiwan China
Seagate Technologies, (many locations)
General Laser, Scottsdale AZ.
Plainfield Stamping and Molding, Plainfield IL.
USACH Machine Tool, Elgin IL.
Cold Header Machine Corp., Boca Raton FL.
Central Rubber Co., Division of Molex, Belvidere IL.
(Many additional automotive, molding, automation, consumer, medical, electronic, building, and fastener related companies in union and nonunion environments can be supplied upon request.)
Master's Degree in Technical Project-Program Management
Journeyman Tool & Die Maker (10,000 hour Department of Labor program, Five year on the job apprenticeship)
Tool & Die Journeyman Certification, 10,000 hour Department of Labor Accredited Program.
Masters Certificate, Industrial Management Processes, MIMA.
ISO-9000 Internal Auditor
Email Requests (Click)